View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Looks like ya had a great time down there! ive heard them trout put up a pretty good fight! Thats the kind of saltwater action i wanna try...i want numbers of fish, i have no interest in fighting a marlin for 6 hours, i like setting the hook, fighting for a minute or 2, then move on to the next fish! LOL

FYI, if ya need an anchor, i "left" one on JPP a few weeks ago on the sand bar out from Long Hunter State Park in about 3ft of water. 10lb mushroom anchor! I figured, hey, ive got $20 extra bucks, i might as well leave my anchor here on the bottom for somebody else to use and i will go buy a new one....pay it forward kinda thinking ya know! To this day, i have no idea how that anchor came unlatched.
Well the smaller trout are kinda weak actually. A 14" seatrout I think puts up a weaker fight than a 14" rainbow trout in the Caney. The difference is the fierce hit the seatrout give. That's part of how they feed actually, they like to violently strike their prey. That 26 incher almost took the rod from me haha. The larger ones put up a heck of a fight but don't make the long runs like a Redfish will. They're just very scrappy.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff

Last edited by jad2t; 07-29-2014 at 07:46 PM.