View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:49 PM

Went to Center Hill today and had a small buddy tournament with a few of my friends. Today was what you could call The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. I didn't experience the unbelievable bite that everyone I know has been raving about but I did have a good day and won our little tournament with 16lbs 7ounces and got big fish with a 5lb even largemouth. I had 9 keepers total. That's the good. The bad was a broken rod on a hookset. And The Ugly, oh man the ugly. The Ugly is I noticed my boat taking slightly longer to plane out and running about 2mph slower and about 200rpms higher. I noticed this when I made a short run from my first stop. Luckily I was close to the ramp so I just idled around the rest of the day and never got on plane again.

I did a compression check when I got home and I have 118-120 psi on 5 cylinders and 100 on the other one. Looks like I'm gonna be spending a good chunk of money on this motor. I hope my mechanic has better news but I don't see how.

I haven't fished Center Hill this spring except for 1 hour when the lake was about 40 feet high. The water temp ranged from 73-75 on the lower end around the dam. A lot of the fish spawned quite some time ago because they are already healed up, fat, and healthy with tails almost healed up to. I'll leave a picture of my best 2 fish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1253.JPG (791.9 KB, 36 views)