View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:08 AM

TK, Hate to hear you haven't had such a good go around with Wilson County Chevy. I couldn't fill this page with the bad experiences I have had with "services" regardless to the application. I started as a kid fixing everything I had because I was so poor. I developed my skills onto, much like most of us guys here, being able to build or rebuild anything we had. The service cost today are all 45.-70. clams an hour well beyond my willingness to pay so I plan and spend the day doing my service; it takes about three times as much time now due to age and conditioning although.
My experience there was for warranty work and pleasantly positive, I agree with perhaps not taking an older vehicle there for a simple repair as you know you will drop a 100 bucks at a minimum simply due to the service fee before parts...I guess that's personal based on time/availability/urgency and the like...sometimes it is the lesser of two evils. I am about as persnickety as they come when someone is mysteriously working on my equipment without my oversight due to bad experiences that fall into the categories I mentioned prior. I watched a mechanic doing burnouts on a customers HD in the lot once and he was laughing, when the smoke cleared he said the customer would never know (HD stealer on the Blue Ridge Parkway). I watch a customers bike engine seize in front of (HD Nash) after an NO-oil change. So yep, bad experiences happen to folks all the time I could go on and on with marine mechanics, heavy equipment, electricians, welders, roofers and the like...rarer are positive experiences.

Last edited by notorious; 01-07-2018 at 01:00 PM.