Thread: Too Much Bait
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 08:52 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
Yep you are right Merv, I took your advice today and put the 2” swim baits on the smaller of my only 2 A-rigs I own , and 3” on the other larger one. We lost a really good one on the bigger rig and landed a couple smaller hybrids on the smaller rig. The bait in Hamilton went from the bottom , 30 ft, to 3 feet from the top more than once. There is no lack of bait in the creeks.

I ordered 6 rigs on eBay. What length do you use Merv?
Since I'm not clear on the question, I'll show you the rig that I use.

The first photo is a stock A-rig that I order from China, approximately $3.00 each. I only use the ones with blades as I feel the extra flash triggers the fish.

You can see the size of snap swivel that comes stock. A 4 lb hybrid will open that thing up like a rubber band. I've placed one of the replacement snaps next to it for comparison. Ten pounders can't open these.

I then cut the snap/swivels off of the three arms that will get the baits and replace them with the heavier snaps, swivels and split rings. I leave the stock snap swivels on the two that will get the teasers.

For teasers, I just open the stock snap, run it through the nose of a small swimbait and close the snap. Sometimes you'll lose a teaser due to a fish striking it, but that's just the price of having the fish hit your lure.

Photo #2 is the finished product that I fish with. The color head doesn't seem to make any difference.

Since I wasn't clear as to the question of length, I enclosed photo #3 with the rig laid out on a ruler.

Hope this answers any questions y'all might have.

A few guides may take umbrage with me giving details out such as these but there are more fish in the lakes that will NEVER see one of these lures so I don't feel bad by helping fellow fishermen catch a fish or two.

Just remember when you have one of those 50-60 fish days, go to my website, nashvillefishingguideS.com and leave a nice review!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk