View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:41 AM

Arrow Looking for Bass? They're Deep!

Been reading a lot of posts with folks looking for bass up in the skinny stuff. We too have been disappointed by lack of quality in the shallows. We've beat up the grass, lay downs, & docks only to find a dink here and there. They other day about 3PM, I put the rod down and started drifting with the current when I stopped to make a phone call. While at the console yapping away, I noticed we were being pulled out toward the channel. When we got to 18.5' the screen started filling up with schooling bass. I turned on the trolling motor and positioned the boat about 40' upstream of the school we just marked. Still on the phone with my buddy Jim from the forum, my wife picks up a 6XD and I tell her that's not going to do it and that she should tie on a 10XD style Storm Arashi Deep 25. She does, and 2nd cast it was on! We had a limit within minutes and continued catching until they shut the water off. Guarantee you next time I go out, I'm starting Deep. Good luck out there in that 84º water...