Thread: Old hick 2-9
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 04:19 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Need a little help from the electronics gurus. Did some scouting and fishing Friday, and caught 0. Not a bite. Not a whiff. Not even a leaf!! I located what I thought might be bait with fish around them. Dropped a drop shot with a 3” fluke on them and nothing. Damiki rig, nothing. Jigged a blade bait, nothing. Backed off and threw an underspin with a fluke and another with a paddle tail swimbait. Nothing. So, I idled around and took pictures of my depth finder. I was as lost as last years Easter egg on Christmas morning. Still am kinda....🤷🏻*♂️

Well, I would post pics but having issues. Maybe TK will help me out. If he’s in a generous/helping mood!!! 😉😉

Never mind TK....I played with it and fingered it out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My take would be that you are looking at a big bunch of bait, i.e. threadfin shad or small gizzard.
You won't get it if that's the case.
It could also be a case of a gazillion smallish bluegills, too small to hit anything castable.
I've seen that outside the locks on the downstream side of OH dam. I brought a castnet the last time and threw it three times into a mess like that. Each time I came up with about 20 small bluegills ranging in size from 3-4 inches up to 6 inches. Didn't catch any 7-9 inchers in that mess.