View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
We put in at 645am and started catching them immediately about 50 ft from the ramp, we moved around the bay following the schools of shad then at 9am on the dot the bite stopped like someone flipped a switch yet we could still see bass attacking the shad, was frustrating, my buddy seems to think as soon as the sun gets to a certain point they see the lures better and shy away from them , really want to go back when its overcast , seems like every chance I get to fish lately its bluebird skies

BTW did you try the main lake at all?
I did fish one spot on the main lake. It was a bluff and I caught my only 2 keepers and a drum. It was about a 200 yard stretch. I'm kicking myself now for not fishing on the main lake the rest of the day after that first bluff but my buddy that went with me talked me into fishing his "honey holes". He's fished there a few times and he had me fishing main lake pockets and a creek. I wanted to go back to the main lake but he is a good fisherman and he wanted to show me around a little bit. Even though we struggled, I still had a blast. I love fishing new lakes and working the jumbled up puzzle that comes with that