Thread: Tough day on CH
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Ok I understand.. I've never fished DH.. maybe one day. I really like that bug. I use something similar... very good action to them. I can see how a bass would think they found a fat juicy crawfish..

One a side note; I talked to the resident ranger about the first public ramp that almost tool out my lower yesterday. They have a pair of 2x2x4' cement blocks about 30' from the waters edge submerged in the water. It can take out a lower or worse yet rupture your hull. He said that they were there to mark the rocks and the fact that only the center part of the ramp actually extends into the water. The sides stop short with a drop leaving you stuck.

I told him that using those blocks to make the rock piles left from building the ramp only amplifies the problem by raising the danger by 2' that can easily tear up a motor or worse yet a boat if the water was less than 12"

Apparently ramp one is shallow and intended for canoes and kayaks. Anyhow he agreed with me that those black should be removed and maybe replaced with buoys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-07-23 10.30.38.jpg (237.7 KB, 33 views)