View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
That's awesome and nice fish! I just started fishing a lot a couple years ago. I loved to fish as a kid and just kinda stopped. My moms boyfriend at the time took me bass fishing a couple years ago. That day changed my life. I only caught a couple small bass but it lit a fire that I thought had long went out. That great man that took me is now my step father. I didn't have a father to turn to since I was a young child, and any man would be jealous of the dad I have now. I bought a small bass boat and started fishing. And I mean A LOT. Since then I have upgraded to a much nicer boat, and I can't imagine my life without fishing. I average at least 3 days a week on the water and sometimes more. I'm lucky enough to have a decent job that I work nights so I can fish as much as I want.
That's awesome that you had a man step up and be a great father for you, does he still fish with you?

When I was a kid my dad wasn't around much as he was military and traveled a lot , my uncle took up the slack and used to take us fishing at least once a week, we bass fished, crappie fished, fished the Ohio river for carp and cat fish , when I was 15 my dad moved us to Key West and I got spoiled ocean fishing , when I moved to the Cincinnati area when I was 21 it was really hard to adjust to fresh water fishing.

I always prefered bass fishing in freshwater, the lakes we fished up north just weren't as productive and my techniques were lacking , thankfully my wife got a job opportunity down here and its been the best thing that's ever happened to me, luckily my job allows me to fish after work during the summer, sometimes I get off around 330-4pm and I live a few minutes from a couple of lakes that have some nice bass so I get to fish 3-4 times a week

Last edited by Schleprock; 12-29-2017 at 08:38 AM.