View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Dakota & TTitan - To achieve the depths you are working how much line do you typically have out and at what speed are you trolling? Do you use quick clips to attach the crankbaits? Also have you ever tried this with an A-Rig?

When the water temperature gets above 75 or so I troll crankbaits 2-2.5 mph. As far as depth control I don’t have a line counter. I make a good long cast let out a little more line and then if I am in 15 foot of water I will try to hit the bottom to see if it’s truly running 15 feet. Then if I am in 25 feet of water at least I know how deep my crankbait is running. So I will troll A-Rigs from about November through April when the water is cooler. This is more for hybrids, I do use a few planer boards for this, preferably in deeper water to prevent to many hang ups. I use 50 lb power pro braid for this with the Norman lures speed clips. I use the same clips for trolling crankbaits. I will use 20 pound PowerPro braid with 12 pound mono leader. Anyway those set ups have been very productive for me over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk