View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Battery ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
So i guess last time i was out a few weeks ago, i must not have turned off the Master Power switch and something must have been left of. Anywho, dead cranking battery.
I took it out and charged it till my charger read 100% and shut off. Re-installed battery.
Got to long hunter sunday morning and upon lowering the motor, i knew it didnt sound right. Sure enough, that all famous "click" when i turned the key. No biggie, i took a trolling battery, swapped it and no problems.
Got the cranking battery out and its in fact a Deep Cycle battery.
Any reason why it would be a deep cycle as opposed to a cranking battery? Console Garmin and everything on the dash runs off that battery, lights, livewell, ect. Is that why its a deep cycle?
Im guessing i should replace it with another deep cycle?
Defiantly Deep cycle with everything you are running off of it and like AlanRay stated Dual purpose for a single battery ... In fact I would run two batteries in parallel if you have the room ... Same voltage but doubles your amperage (staying power).... The best battery for the money are Walmart Batteries ... They are made by Johnson Controls, when I was guiding I was sponsored by a number of Battery Manufactures but These batteries gave me the best performance with a good warranty... Just my opinion ...<'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 03-11-2018 at 12:41 AM.