View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Lot of fun today.

Had a great day on the Caney Fork. My nephew was wanting some crappie.....and I just wanted to fish.....no matter the specie. We hit the water at 8:30 a.m. and left the water at 2:30 p.m. The fish counter read 225 when we left. Most of those were 11-12 inch brook trout. My nephew took home a limit of 15 nice crappie...the majority being black nose. We probably had about 15 crappie that were just short.......those black nose are chunky fish but not being legal back they went. I was using the Ice Cube 6’ 9” Mebaru UL rod spooled with SOS 2# test with a section of Phantom 2# test fluorocarbon leader attached to a 1/16 ounce ball head jig with a #6 hook......with a Bison Colored Trout Magnet. My nephew had the Trout Slayer Series UL rod with the Ballo spinning reel spooled with SOS 2# test line also but was using a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer body on a 1/16 ounce Dancer jig head with a #6 hook. Water temps were 49.5 degrees. It was my kind of day....lots of action. Those Brookies are extremely aggressive and don’t give up. The majority of the Trout were caught casting. The crappie were all caught single pole trolling.....at a speed between .9-1.1 MPH.........through a spot they were holding on all day.....see sonar image. Many times trolling through we would double up. All in all a fantastic day! Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk