Thread: JPP Accident
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehick176 View Post
Bottom line is don't go out at night if you aren't familiar with the lake your on. 10:00 seems to be the sweet spot for me. Most drunks and stupid ski boaters are off the water by then.
Your comment is very true about not going out at night unless your very familiar with the lake your on. I had a heart stopping moment on Dale Hollow this spring. I was fishing a part of the lake I'm not really familiar with when I came upon a very small island in the middle of the lake. I was fishing during the day. When I looked at my navionics map it showed the island as being water that was 40 feet deep. I thought man that looks like a good fishing spot so I went and fished around it. Then all of a sudden it dawned on me that if I were running around at night this little island could kill me. It's basically a huge rock that sticks out of the water about 10-15 feet at summer pool and it's about the size of 2 bass boats. I called navionics to voice my concern and they were very polite and seemed to take my concern very seriously. They called me a couple times after that to ask some questions and told me I would get an email when they finished their investigation. I haven't gotten an email though. I just remember how fast my heart started beating when I realized how easy someone could hit this thing at night by driving off the map only.