Thread: Reelfoot Lake
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
A buddy came down from Cincinnati and I met up with him this morning at Chick , was a pretty tough day, put in at Dayton 7am temp 28 degrees, , fog was thick, he was leary of running his boat through the fog so we fished richland creek for a few hours until it burned off, bluebird skies and a stiff wind followed the fog, less than ideal bass conditions , ended up with one fish each

Really want to see what you can do here TR , I just can't figure this lake out for some reason, best day I ever had was 6 fish and biggest a 4lb, otherwise had a bunch of 1 and 2 fish days, I hear of people having 40-50 fish days and routine 7-10 lbers
Man that's a lot of pressure. Lol. I want to get down there. I have tons of days where I don't catch much. I just have a lot of days to fish in general and I can get on them every now and then. I try to fish a pattern more than trying to fish certain spots. When the fish are predictable and I recognize what the pattern is then I get excited. The thing that helps me most when I'm on a pattern is a good lake map and google earth. If I'm fishing submerged grass then I can look at a map and tell where it's gonna be and go to the next spot. If I'm fishing bushes or laydowns then I can look at google earth and find more of it. Those are just a couple of examples. I tend to struggle when I can't recognize a pattern because then I start fishing history and I suck when it comes to that. I watched the MLF Bass Pro Tour live feed this past spring and they wrecked them. Let's get together and go sometime between now and next spring. I've never been and I love new lakes because I don't have any history.