View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:44 PM

Default Let's tell some fishing stories

Since the weather sucks and the bass haven't been biting for me at least; let's tell fishing stories that bring back some good memories. I'll start it off with a couple.

I caught my second biggest bass to date not long after I got bit by the bass fishing bug. I was fishing with my friend who basically taught me almost everything I know about bass fishing. We were on the lower end of OH fishing a small rockpile. I was throwing a 10" ol' monster worm. I got a bite and set the hook and reeled in my fish. The fish wasn't fighting particularly hard and when I got it to the boat I noticed a giant bass trying to eat the worm that had made it's way a couple feet up my line. I was heartbroken because all I could think was I wish THAT fish had bit my worm instead of the one I had on. After watching that giant swim away, I went to swing my fish in the boat and when I did my rod cracked. Now laying in the bottom of the boat was a 7lb 3ounce beast. I had no idea I even had a good fish on but I was no longer heart broken.

I have another story. I was fishing OH by myself early one summer morning 3 or 4 years ago. I was flipping wood on the bank and got hung in a tree. When I finally got unhung I was using my paddle to push my boat away from the bank. Well my paddle slipped off the tree and face first in the lake I went. I made it back in the boat pretty easy and everything was good except for missing a flip flop. It was very early and no one around so I decided to remove all my clothes and ring the water out. Well I'm standing there in my birthday suit when 2 guys in a bass boat come flying out of a small creek that I'm sitting at the mouth of. They past by at about 50 yards and I'm not sure what kind of look I had on my face but I got a good look at theirs and they didn't look impressed.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 01-26-2019 at 09:04 PM.