View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Hello gentlemen & ladies (if we have any here)... It has been hotter than a cast iron skillet on a fire outside these past couple weeks. I think the fish are even sweating.

I realize they are going deep and I realize they have to eat, but do you think with all this excessive heat would cause them to abstain from feeding ? How hot is too hot I guess is what I'm asking.

I ask this because most of our lakes lack vegetation which give off oxygen and provide shade

Old hickory is starting to get some thick hydrilla in a few areas of the lake and has proven fruitful. But from what I’ve been seeing there have been some very nice fish being caught deep and off shore. Couple weeks ago there was an 8.4lb largemouth weighed in at a tournament out of rockland. A bass that big in the summer is rare, especially old hick.

With that being said I’ve been on a very good numbers bite with fish schooling on the shad fry schools. Also ran into a huge school of big white bass last Sunday. Between the last two sundays I’ve put over 100 fish in the boat. Not all bass. Drum, white bass and catfish have been in the mix. Small 1.0 square bills and small swimbaits have been my big producers. I have yet to find a good size school on old hick this year deep but they are there, so I’ve heard. I’d rather fish than idle looking. That’s my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk