Thread: JPP Accident
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Do you recall when you had to pay to launch at a state park ramp,how about Bill Clays or Norts? How about 4 Corners before the boat dealership and the old marina before it burnt down.

How about when Starwood opened?

Do you not recall the shooting death a few years ago at the ramp in broad daylight up river?
I will gladly allow you to pay me back for three new 33" tires slashed at Long Hunter State Park and a broken window on another occasion. Maybe the rest of those trucks and cars that night whom had their vehicles burglarized then vandalized...10-15 or so.
Then there was a time you couldn't keep a spare tire on your trailer at Fate Sanders or other ramps around there.

Then the robberies there at Fate Sanders....and broad day fist fights.

The ramp across from 4 Corners had vehicles stolen.
Then the time they would steal a trailer off your truck and wait till you left your boat and then come steal it.
Or the time when thugs robbed you on the water at night by a stealth approach from your back while fishing north Hobson Pike Bridge.

What about when Hamilton Creek became a predator hangout and the girl got raped, then when the queers and sexual predators approached people and children there and Metro Police set stings to catch them and publicly issued warnings.

But...I quit fishing JPP 15-20 years ago.

I have a project in Antioch next to Hobson Pike and we get robbed or vandalized every two weeks, just waiting for them to steal a piece of heavy equipment next.
I have fished Priest for a long time. My vehicle was broken into a few times. Every single time but one, and one time I left some money in plain sight, it was because I parked at a boat ramp that is very low use and all but twice was while hunting in the winter time when not many others used the lake and "knock on wood" it has been years since anyone has bothered my gear. Yes, back in the 70's, 80's and 90's there was a lot of crap that happened. I would not put in at Mona if you paid me, and I for sure hate what happened to the guy that was murdered, that could have happened anywhere though, but ramps like Mona, East fork, Fall creek, Poole knobs, Hamilton creek, lamar road, etc I would not leave a vehicle there at amytime ever, not ever. Way to much time that no one is around. Even Seven Points, I know they busted some people who would leave someone to watch at the entrance and text the people breaking into vehicles when someone was coming. I will gladly pay to use a boat ramp if security is provided. Common sense will tell you not to use a boat ramp that is "very low use". It is wrong, just wrong, that you can't leave your vehicle anywhere at anytime, but that is how it is.