Thread: JPP Accident
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I have been a mariner for most of my life..USCG and Merchant...if I'm ticketed for using my spot light for navigation I'm going to argue that, based on my training. When I run at night, I have prior to dusk, checked the path I plan to travel searching for floating debris and loose buoys. I have run JPP under full power for many a year without problems...but I know that lake like the back of my hand. I will be off the water on OH by dusk and or any other lake I don't know incredibly well. I'm still skittish about running DH now and its my go to lake and I fish at night much of the time there; Texas, I know what you're talking about, there a a number of shallow areas adjacent to deep water off points on DH. One thing I practice is fishing during winter draw down when shallow areas are exposed...this makes a huge difference both with navigation and during summer pool for hot spots otherwise missed by most. JPP is nothing more than a mine field of rocks that will K/O a boater in a heartbeat day or night so caution is advised. Robbery, muggings, shootings, slashed tires and the like day or night keep me away from JPP now, sad because I love that lake.
Muggings and shootings? on Priest? You need to share those stories. I fish Priest midnight to daylight the entire month of May, most everynight. Never an issue and not one bad incident. I only put in at the Ramp close to Nashville shores, I call it the yacht club or 4 corners. No issues at all. I would not trust any other ramp, maybe Fate Sanders.

But robbery, muggings and shootings? That is a new one to me and I have fished Priest for a long time.