View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
That's awesome that you had a man step up and be a great father for you, does he still fish with you?

When I was a kid my dad wasn't around much as he was military and traveled a lot , my uncle took up the slack and used to take us fishing at least once a week, we bass fished, crappie fished, fished the Ohio river for carp and cat fish , when I was 15 my dad moved us to Key West and I got spoiled ocean fishing , when I moved to the Cincinnati area when I was 21 it was really hard to adjust to fresh water fishing.

I always prefered bass fishing in freshwater, the lakes we fished up north just weren't as productive and my techniques were lacking , thankfully my wife got a job opportunity down here and its been the best thing that's ever happened to me, luckily my job allows me to fish after work during the summer, sometimes I get off around 330-4pm and I live a few minutes from a couple of lakes that have some nice bass so I get to fish 3-4 times a week
Yes we do still fish together. This year I spent a lot of time driving 1-2 hours each way to fish lakes like Center Hill and Dale Hollow. He doesn't seem to like traveling that far, and doesn't go with me that much. But we do get out to OH pretty often since it's just a short drive for us both.

I'm trying to get him comfortable with fishing offshore. He's old school and only uses his electronics for depth. He's only comfortable throwing at the bank. My best days last summer were finding offshore humps and grasslines on my map and graphs. I bet that 75% of the pictures in my original post were of fish that were caught offshore. Other than the spawning period that's where I like to spend most of my time searching. He's coming around and asks a lot of questions when we are looking around in my boat. But, I know when he's out by himself that he's still beating the bank and fishing very pressured fish.