View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 10:35 AM

Default Could Somebody Explain to me...

so im looking at the latest Bass Pro Shops sale ad, and they are advertising a War Eagle spinner bait for $6.97, regular $7.79. (and maybe thats the going rate today, i dont know)
im wondering what is it about a spinner bait that would justify charging $8 for bait that has been around for over 60 years? are the blades solid gold and silver? tungsten head? special wire? bullet proof skirts?
i know alot of varying baits cost alot of money such as specialty crankbaits and things like that, but i get lost with the "why so much" when it comes to things like spinnerbaits and especially soft plastics.
are they REALLY that special or did Mr. War Eagle just throw out a price and everybody pays it cause they think its got to be good cause it costs so much?
i get the KVD series and other pro labeled baits since they get paid a boat load to push the brand, but some of these other things are just mind blowing to me.
if its a quality thing its easier to swallow, but again, if its composed of wire, a chunk of lead and some sliced silicone strands....thats a tough sale for me.
just wondering....not intended to start any kind of bait/brand wars.