View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
The only reason I am considering it is because I can get a new one for around $900.00. I don't want to get it and not be happy though. I've liked Lowrance better but currently don't have any good deals on those units, I'm working on something...... I thought at one time you had something like the 1199 Alpha. I've got the Helix 7 now and I'm ready to step up to something bigger and badder.
At that price point it is a different story. I still have and use my 899, and it is basically same as the 1199 just with a 7 inch screen and the 119 has a slightly faster processor. It is a great unit. It has been a great tool at helping me to put fish in the boat. It is now harder for me to see as I am aging and I plan on getting one of the new Helix Mega Imaging units as soon as I get the money.....had to pay the tax man so will wait a little longer...LOL. Here is the advantages of having a Helix Mega unit....CHIRP...that provides you with great clarity...the screen is much brighter than the older 1199...allowing you to see it better. CHIRP also allows greater target separation.....on the new Helix Mega units target separation is 2.5 inches. The processor is faster. The 1199 would certainly be an upgrade to what you have. But I don't like buying old technology. But I also know all of us only have what we have to spend on our hobby. If you have not seen a Helix Mega unit you need to look at one. I spent a couple of days at Pickwick tuning my buddies Helix 9 Mega and man I wanted to whip out the credit card and buy a Helix 10 Mega but I will wait to pay cash...they are that good. You have a price difference of 300 bucks between the 1199 and a Helix 9 Mega. If I could swing the extra 300 bucks the 9 inch Mega unit it would be far better than the 10 inch 1199 unit.

Regards