Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Flatrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
If you dont mind cold weather vertical jigging around Rome, dont waste your time heading down river from the rome ramp several miles till you see an old nuclear silo. Dont waste your time starting your pass at the start of the creek between the current seam and the middle of the river and drift down till ya hit the 20' mark. If you still insist upon going, dont jig 1.0-1.25 oz hair jigs tipped with a tuffie AND a stinger hook or a 3/4 blade bait.
If you happen to come across a portly fella in a blue/black alumacraft with a yamaha (good looking guy if i remember right) dont say hi.
Gonna take a week or so to get the river back to normal clarity but the saugers may be in that area.....or maybe not. I cannot nor will i confirm or deny the existense of saugers in that area.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank You oh mighty fish wizard... but unfortunately I do not own a boat and well although I'm slightly portly around the waistline... I sink like a boat anchor This is why in my original post, I mentioned that I would be willing to help with gas expenses if there was any. I suppose I could put in at the iron bridge in Carthage with a innner tube, but I'm affraid my posterior will get cold... besides its a long walk back to retrieve my pickup, providing the local popo don't get towed off for a little extra cash in their coffer.

As far as saugers, pardon me for my ignorance, but isn't that a stout beer ?
Ok you forced me to look it up.. ok, Its the first cousin of a ugly walleyes.. I didn't know we had those ugly looking fish around here, might have to see if they have any fight in them.

See, you done taught me something already without trying