View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 10:00 AM

To some degree, we have all done that at some point or another.
Over years of fishing the same species i know with tactics i excell at you develope a knowledge base of similar bodies of water. Its impossible to compare apples to apples any of the lakes around middle TN in my opinion.
My golden rule is : Never Leave Fish to Find Fish. They WILL bite something at some point, you just need to figure out what.
Many years ago, In-Fisherman was taping a show up on the Detroit River during the massive walleye spawn....millions of walleyes flood that river to spawn. Well there was pouring rain just before the tourney and the river turned to chocolate milk. The guys that won the tournament got all thier fish jigging 6"-8" chartruse plastic lizards you would use for bass. It was a big, bulky, brite bait the fish could hone in on easier. Same concept of vertical jigging, just a different bait.
The section of river i jig for sauger is TINY in comparison to the main area but i will drift that 50 yard section from sun up to sun down and keep putting fish in the boat all day long....shift over 10' or so and do another drift, change colors and do another drift. Ive seen 4 other boats in 5 years in that stretch they all do one pass, get nothing and move on.
I know they are there....they always are.....i just need to adjust baits, jig cadence, ect.
Never leave fish to find fish. Lol