Thread: River fishing
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 07:47 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
I dont want Merv to feel left out on being the only one to post a report, so here is mine.
I was joined by another member today on the river who i will keep a secret in case he chooses not to be witness to the stink fest that was jigging today.
Crap generation led to crap results. My fishing companion boated the first toad suager of the day. If that fish wasnt 7 pounds it was 7". Lol.
Several long hours later it felt like my jig was hammered....caught me off gaurd and i almost dropped my rod. I had visions of monster toothy fish at first....then i thought catfish.....it ended up being a drum.
We did some exploring....all fruitless. The wind blowing up river was more powerful than the 1 generator was pushing us so that was another turd on the already steamy pooh pile of the day.
I did manage one nice sauger.....my fishing partner luckily had the net ready cause the hooked popped out and he sprang into action and gracefully scooped my fish up salvaging the day.
It was brutal....that was the first time ive fished there with that little generation.
I wont be doing that again. Lol
It was still a fun day though.
If i keep telling everybody i know how and where to catch these things and you come with me and we have days like this, your all gonna think im either full of $hit or need to be in a straight jacket and evaluated. Lol
I swear thats not the case.
So the only thing I got out of this whole spiel is that your fishing partner ILLEGALLY netted a free swimming sauger.
The fact that this particular fish had at one point in its life been hooked and RELEASED, whether intentionally or not, by a fisherman does not make the NETTING of a free swimming fish right, in the eyes of the law.
It's no different from blind casting a castnet and catching a FREE SWIMMING FISH. If the fish was not connected to the fishing pole via line and hook when it was netted, it should have been allowed to swim free.
I will be copy/pasting this post to the proper authorities!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk