View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:59 PM

Default My first time at DH

Why didn't anyone talk me into going to Dale Hollow before ?

I decided to go fishing today and notorious talked me into going to Dale Hollow... He said "What do you have to lose..?" With 4 hrs of sleep behind me I dragged my tracker up there for a new adventure.

Wasn't quite what I thought but I had fun.. found some grass, lots of 8' to 30 foot flats.. loved it. 3 first today, maybe even 4....

Caught my 1st Crappie, about 2 lbs and a nice keeper.
Caught my personal best bass.. 4.65 lbs small mouth AND a 3.5 lb.. plus 2 other about a lb each.

Another first was these guys was caught on a ned rig on a med light spinning real with 6 lb line... I never fished a Ned Rig before or caught anything of size with this Shimano rod.

Speaking of ned rig.. what the hell is it about a 3" stick worm that a bass loves so much ?

The wind started kicking up big time around 11am.. I mean the white caps had white caps.... I wasn't catching anything after a dink SM and the Crappie.. So I decided to hide and shield behind the bluffs.

Folks let me tell you, I didn't fish any different at DH than I do at Center Hill... For me to produce like I did today on a lake that I never fished is a real confidence builder. I can see how Dale Hollow is so popular.. I can't wait to go back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-04-21 18.02.16.jpg (133.1 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-04-21 18.03.37.jpg (115.5 KB, 60 views)