View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:31 AM

Default Good news on my boat motor

In case you missed it in another thread. I was fishing Center Hill last week and noticed a small loss of power. I was having a little trouble planing out and lost a couple mph in speed. I got off plane and just idled around the rest of the day out of precaution until I could have a better look. I got home and did a compression check and had 118-120 psi in 5 cylinders and 100 psi in one. I took it to the mechanic fearing the worst. I got a call yesterday and my mechanic told me that I have a blown head gasket and that there is no damage to the cylinder at all. He also said that I have a broken exhaust something another. Basically the tube that the lower unit slides up in is broken. He said that tube has a big part in tuning my motor. He hasn't tore down the block yet but thinks I'm gonna get away with just replacing the head gasket and exhaust something another. I told him to go ahead and send the injectors off to be cleaned and whatever else they can do to them and replace any that appear to need it.

This is the best news I've had in a long time. If I wasn't sending the injectors off then it wouldn't hardly cost anything to fix my issues. I told him to go ahead and just remove the pump that electronically mixes the oil to. I'll just do it myself from now on. That thing failing is always in the back of my mind. I've also cut it pretty close a couple times by forgetting to add oil and almost running out. Problem solved.