Thread: The first wave.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default The first wave.

I have been checking my spot at Nickajack Lake waiting for the crappie to start their run up to a spot that has produced for me the 7 years or so I have been fishing it. It is just a little early but I thought I would give it a quick scan. They were stacked in there but all the fish were at the 10-11 inch mark....not the big boys I am looking for. The smaller ones always seem to move up first. I fully expect it to be on big time within the next 2 weeks. Certainly nothing wrong with 11 inch crappie but I’ll wait for the bigger ones to move up before bringing any home. For whatever the reason Nickajack crappie love a Bison colored Trout Magnet. I fished it with SOS 2# test line on a TM 1/64 ounce jig head with an 18 inch section of fluorocarbon leader. The rod was the Tict Ice Cube 6’ 9” Mebaru UL. I caught around 35 fish today.....kept thinking I would eventually get some 13-14 inch fish but not today......all fish caught twitching....water temps in mid 70’s. I had a memory pop up on Facebook today from a year ago I was on same spot catching same size crappie. It is good to keep records but I must admit the older I get the less records I am keeping.....LOL. A lot of fun on the UL setup. The other image is of KY bass and bluegill hugging the grass line off of the bank. All in all a great day...Life is good!

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk