View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
Some of my best days ever catching bass on a dropoff, hump or a flat have been on holidays. Boat traffic pushes the fish deeper. Actually, a couple of places I fish, they are for the most part 10' deep, I like when a boat runs right over them. You throw right where the boat ran through and you will catch a bass, sometimes a good one. About 30 years ago, first time I did that with my brother, we dropped the anchor and he said what are you doing, we are going to get run over. I told him to wait and throw when a boat ran over the hump. His first cast he caught a 6-1/2 lb bass. He changed his mind pretty quick.

I had that happen last year on a spot. Underwater point that comes up to about 8' and drops into 30 with a bunch of big rock on it. I was fishing it while watching this wake boat cruising up and down the channel. He passed me a few times and then decided to drive right over the spot I was fishing, moments later the fish went nuts blowing bait up on the surface. He made 4 or 5 passes and they did it every time. It was chunk the swim bait and reel them in as fast as you could.