View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
The bass were great this weekend, from 9 to 21 feet, caught them really good and even had a couple nice fish. Took my friend, who taught me about fishing deeper water for bass, and his son, we quit counting at 40 on Saturday. Fished from 11 am til 5:30 pm. Couple places we would catch a bass on most every cast for a bit. DT 10, 14 and 20 rapalas and a texas rigged worm is what we fished with. We had 15 easy over 15" and a couple in the 4 to 5lb range. Some places they wanted a crankbait and some they wanted the worm more. Sunday was not as good but still caught several bass.

Yesterday was really good to. Even found one school in 24 to 26 feet of water. they were smaller, but there was a bunch of them. Not sure if we caught a legal keeping bass, but sure caught a pile of them.

I fish the old river channel more than anything. Fish were right on the drop or in the channel next to the drop.

Great report, thank you.

Were you fishing up river? I ask because I would have thought boat traffic would be so bad this weekend that channel fishing would be out of the question.
Ledge fishing is a lot of fun and it reminds me of KY Lake years ago.
I plan on going again one night this week and will post report.

Thanks again.