View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culprit7.5 View Post
Let us know how you do.
If I was going out, I'd be there before sunrise and have a topwater rigged up and some baitfish imitation rigged on another rod. Set the trolling motor on high and cruise the shallow hot spots. After the sun gets up, I'd start dragging some plastics a little deeper. Carolina rig is a favorite on any gravel or roadbeds I can find.
I think I may go out Friday night for a little night fishing but after that, you won't find me anywhere near the lake till after the weekend.
Good Luck.

My most memorable moment was casting a a white spinner off the dock and found I had a shad running along side and then swam around looking for it when I lifted it out of the water. I think it was love at first sight, but not so much for the bass.

I threw White grub on white spinner, white chatter, green pumpkin football jig, chrome rattle trap, red crawfish crank bait, even a rubber minnow with a fluttering curly tail and nothing... a few chasers / roll by's that I noticed.... but nothing.

The guy that went with me ? 2 big sunny's and 3 bass, 1 nice 19" on the oddest setup, but basically a jointed minnow.

Yep skunked again...

If that wasn't bad enough, I accidentally hit the trolling motor button and the blades hit the painted gunnel scratching the hell out of it. Then I have this Alba Garcia BC reel that has an attitude... My thumb slipped during a cast... it didn't backlash it didn't just bird nest... Half the spool decided it wanted off at once... I just put the rod back in the rod box and didn't bother with it til I got home. I felt like such a rookie today.