View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 09:16 PM

Default Normandy Crappie

Gentlemen, it's been awhile since I've posted any type of fishing report but today ends that streak. I have been trying to get over my absolute disgust with Normandy over the last month or so. I've fished it for bass about a month ago and caught a few but nothing great. Two weeks ago I showed up thinking I would have the lake to my self only to find out a high school bass tournament was going on. That day I crappie fished and caught 7 nice keepers. There were so many boats on that tiny lake I could not really even look for more fish.

That brings me to Today. I went out in search of crappie and found them. First stop I had my limit and then some. I probably could have had 25 keepers off the first spot. I ended up handing it off to another boat that was crappie fishing so he could put some in the live well. I decided to go off looking for some new spots and found fish. I did not really fish much after the first spot but I bet I could have had even more keepers if I wanted too. I will say I noticed that as the day went on the bite slowed and the fish actually moved a little deeper. I think I may have to change my mind on that lake after the last couple trips. The size of crappie is impressive. I think I may have caught two short fish today and none last trip.

If anyone is thinking of going the bait is still in the back of the major creeks and fish are stacked back there feeding up. I found a lot fish out in the main lake too hanging around brush and rock. Fish fry tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Limit.jpg (799.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Crappie.jpg (311.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Small.jpg (354.9 KB, 30 views)