Thread: OH Lake
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 05:59 PM

Well we sucked it up pretty good today. I knew the bite was tough but do-able. We only managed 3 fish for 6.4lbs. Very poor execution on my part today. I had 6 or 7 keeper bites and only managed to land 3 of them. A lot of the bites were very light and I was finding myself reeling a fish in that I didn't know I had. That led to very poor hook sets. I didn't expect much help from my sister but I really wanted to do well in this tournament so she would have some bragging rights for a year. The tournament payed 3 places and 8lbs got the last check. 2 limits were weighed in out of 18 boats but I'm not sure what their actual weight was.

Man I forgot just how much pressure OH gets. It seemed every time I would pull in somewhere there would be 2,3,4 or more boats that were already there. The first spot we fished was a pocket mid lake and I caught a keeper right off the bat then another boat pulls in 2 docks ahead of us and started fishing down the same bank! I idled around them to the next dock in front of them. I'm glad they didn't have anything to say because I'm sure I would have showed my a$$, and I KNOW my sister would have shown hers. I ended up just fishing random places that didn't have other boats.

All in all it was a fun day. I don't get to fish with my sister as much as I should and although we only had 3 keepers I caught fish all day and got to tease my sister for not helping the team out. That led to quite a few laughs and curse words directed to yours truly.

As far as the bite goes I could only consistently catch fish on a senko today. I caught a lot of fish on a buzzbait and a spinnerbait this week but with the lack of wind I couldn't get that bite going.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 04-27-2019 at 06:02 PM.