Thread: OH Lake
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
Suck it up buttercup!!! It’s the tough lakes that make great fishermen! The fish on old hick are like none other, it’s hard to pattern them, and find the right ones. With that being said, a limit of fish with a kicker will take you along way on this lake. Fish are supposed to be spawning now, lake level is fluctuating like crazy right now and is throwing everything and body for a loop. Fish your strengths, fish the moment, and most important HAVE FUN!

Did you see any beds?? Water temp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't seen any beds, but the water is so stained that hasn't surprised me. There are definitely fish spawning because I set the hook and missed just as many as I caught yesterday. Yesterday I fished from Drakes Creek to the dam and saw big fluctuations of water temp. It was anywhere between 58-76. There are a couple small areas that I haven't fished but I will in the tournament. They are areas that historically hold a big fish or 2 this time of year and I don't want to catch anything on them before the tournament. I have one area that I found that I have a little confidence in. I caught 2 decent fish in that area and then used a bait with no hook to fish the rest and got several more bites. I had a friend with me and let him fish normally and he caught a 3.5lber in the same spot. I have higher spirits today and was just a little dejected last night.

Also, your right Skillet. OH makes good fishermen. I have just a fraction of the experience that most serious bass anglers in the area have but I can compete on most lakes. A lake like OH takes much more experience than I have to consistently catch a good bag of tournament fish.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 04-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.