Thread: OH Lake
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 11:54 PM

Default OH Lake

I'm over it! I haven't been a bass fisherman all that long but I did cut my teeth so to speak on OH. When I purchased my first boat about 5 years ago I fished OH exclusively. Why? Because it is convenient to me. I live about 5 minutes from Bledsoe creek. Actually it runs through my property almost. But about 5 minutes to boat access. When I first started I didn't know anything about bass fishing. I was lucky to catch 2 or 3 fish a week in several fishing outings. For all I knew every lake had about the same amount of fish and about the same size.

Eventually, I gained enough courage to travel to other middle Tennessee lakes and realized that there are much better lakes around more suitable for me to catch bass. I don't fish the hick much anymore at all.

All that said brings me to this week. I've spent quite a few hours on this lake in the last week because I agreed to fish a tournament with my sister this Saturday. I just can't figure this dang lake out. I'm catching plenty of fish but catching quality has been a major struggle for me. I probably caught 20 bass today and had 4 keepers and 1 may have went 3lbs. I have no plans to fish this dang lake anytime in the near future after this Saturday. I've got one more long day of practice on Friday and then the tournament Saturday.

Sorry for all the crying and whining! Not really lol. Ok rant over. Wish me luck for Saturday and maybe even say a prayer for me if that's your thing. PLEASE? Lol.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 04-24-2019 at 11:56 PM.