View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Thank you Tex for deciding to do this...with detail like this you should consider starting a youtube page like Alpha. What y'all have chosen to do is an immeasurable benefit to the community. Was bait present on the points or transitions that caused you to pick those areas?
Your welcome. There wasn't much bait present in any of the areas I caught fish. All of the big schools of bait I saw yesterday were around the mouths of pockets in 40-60 feet of water. I ran the same shallow pattern the trip before and had similar results but had a few decent fish. The biggest difference I saw on the bank yesterday was the lack of bream. The trip before the bank was loaded with small bream everywhere. I did not see that yesterday. When I'm running the bank with a Topwater I'm almost always running the boat right against the bank and paralleling my bait to the bank. I like my bait to run right on the edge of where the bottom is/isn't visible. When choosing a bank or pocket to run, I'm looking for the water to be about 10' deep about a boat length away from the bank. Or I want a shallow shelf with a steep drop right on the bank. Hope this helps. A lot of times I will run any pocket if it's small no matter what the bank looks like just to see if I can spot a quick pattern within the pattern. Small pockets don't take much time to run. I get on the trolling motor with a decent speed and never take my foot off unless I want to make several casts to a certain target or catch a fish etc... I'll sacrifice a perfect cast to a certain target here and there just to cover water. I don't want to slow down to much if I'm getting bit running the bank. Covering water is key for me. I'm looking for those aggressive bass and I'm not too worried about catching every fish.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 11-09-2018 at 08:41 PM.