Thread: Rocketman!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
First off I did not say Blaney was at fault, none of the drivers are, drafting has been going on for decades and it works but pushing (locked bumpers) has got out of hand and has created multiple crashes ... You can't do it in the Xfinity series... (no Locked Bumpers)

Now as far as Horsepower, actually the cup cars this season (some) have as much as 850 HP for your super speedway tracks (Daytona and Talladega) with the specked 358 CI, 90 deg. block using the throttle body EFI Carb.

And I am very aware all motor sports is dangerous. .. especially at 200 MPH plus .. (Remember I use to be a drag racer) Nascar has tried many different things to level the field as far as safety and at the same time keep it entertaining and competitive .. For example restricter Plates, special head restraints after Earnhardt's death ... Another example: I witnessed Cal Yarborough going over the wall at Talladega in a full bodied Fastback 429 CI Ford in 1963 at over 200 MPH... Times has changed, safety and rules have changed as well as technology.

To be honest After watching 490 miles of what looks like a freight train, (except the starts) I look forward to the last 10 laps... I told my wife during the Daytona That I bet there will be 4 or 5 Yellows and 1/3 of the field will wiped out before the finish, with overtime ... TK

I think you misunderstood me. I said I agreed with you and gave a couple reasons why. It’s my understanding this year that any track over 1 mile that the cars are limited to top out at 550hp with the tapered spacers. I think next year they are limited to 550hp at all the tracks