View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwaterwalt View Post
Been checking the beds for a couple weeks, today was the day. They are loaded and willing. Fished main lake flats (launched out of Shutes ramp). Caught all I wanted to clean, plenty left. Caught half on ultralite and half on flyrod. Mix of bluegill and shellcrackers. Also saw a few mayflies at the ramp, so I think this weekend will be rocking for multi species.

Check out the wild spawn color on this shellcracker. The fins looked painted black.
(new guy here... hello!)

Lake fishing is pretty new to me. I fished a lot last year on Old Hickory for the first time. I bought a boat this spring and have been trying to figure out the bass...

I like to take my boys out and catch bluegill. We went out a couple of weeks ago with crickets and fished the little coves around Spencer Creek. We caught a dozen, but only 1 worth keeping (we turned it loose).

Any tips for finding them this time of year? What depth were you in? Crickets/worms? You said you were on flats... off the main channel, or in coves? Sorry - I'm not asking you to give me GPS coordinates, but I appreciate any tips.