Thread: Fishing Log
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 02:23 AM

I didn't realize there would be this much support for something like this. I have a couple different reasons for wanting to do this. Some I shared in my original post. But the main reason is that I love this site and I want to keep contributing to it. I haven't posted a whole lot lately because quite frankly I just feel like when I do post that I'm just bragging or not painting an accurate picture. That's not who I want to be. It almost feels to me like I'm saying "Hey look what I caught". That's another reason I haven't been posting a lot of pictures.

Another thing I want to make clear is I'm certainly not saying that the guys that post pictures and fishing reports on here are bragging or being dishonest , because I know the time and effort that was put in to finding those fish. I just want the less experienced fishermen on this site to get the whole picture and not get discouraged because they aren't catching fish like some of us are.

Guys may come on here and see me make a post every week when I caught them good, and think I do that every trip. What doesn't get posted about are the other 2 or 3 days that week that I didn't catch much. This will allow me to be much more transparent (big word these days) about my fishing outings. I want to capture the whole picture. I also think that by documenting everything and being able to see it, that I will be able to connect more of the dots and catch more fish.

Thanks for letting me do this guys and Im open to any suggestions and criticisms along the way!

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 11-05-2018 at 02:59 AM.