View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 11:23 PM

Default Lews Tournament MB review

As many of you know I have been on a crash course with learning about baitcasters. After buying a Alba Garcia Revo and not really liking the feel. A friend recommended a Lews. In March I purchased a Lews FLS 6.8:1 at BPS for $99 and mounted it to a Med Modified 7' Garcia and I absolutely love it. Talk about a confidence builder. This is my crankbait setup

Well last week I decided I needed to replace the Fishdrops reel I sold and decided to go with the Lews Tournament MB 7.5:1 off Amazon for $99 and mounted it to a 7' MH extra fast action. This will be my frog, worm & jig rod..

Its a step up from the Lews FLS model as this one has internal centrifugal switches as well as your external. It is as smooth and quiet as you can expect from a reel. I used it a little bit Saturday, but gave it a workout here at the house with a practice 3/8 oz plug. I'm finding this reel is allowing me to cast further than any other reel so far. I think on a good cast I'm getting every bit of 40-45 yds with no backlash.

I know some of y'all are into more expensive reels however I'm sure there are guys like myself that can't justify $300 for a reel.

Oh and my Alba Garcia Revo SX..? I find that the bearings feel cheap as it emits a slight vibration and is noisy when casting. I have to stay more focused on this reel. However I found that it cast better with heavier weighted lures and jigs like 1/2 oz.

So far by far I'm thoroughly sold on Lews brand... Quieter and by far smoothest baitcaster I've used to date and that says a lot considering 6 mos ago that if I even LOOKED at a BC it would birdnest, never mind backlash.