View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Just heard from TWRA that navigating at night with docking lights, headlights or a spotlight is indeed illegal in Tennessee

it was explained to me that Tn adopted the USCG inland navigation regulations that prohibits use of them

Just an FYI
OKAY ... I will agree with the docking lights and headlights ... But whoever you spoke to may need to double check his spot light reg ..

Just like someone previously stated ... just park at the end of Lock 4 road (park) in Gallatin and watch the barges going to the Steam Plant .. Or the next time you go to Tunica to spend a few $$ ... There is a very nice Mississippi River history Museum there and it has a parking area so you can watch the night time barge traffic (and their spotlights) Better yet I'm passing through St. Louis tomorrow and Sunday don't know my schedule but if it as night I'll try to get pic for you ...

The TWRA may have adopted some USCG reg BUT I'll bet your sweet Beepy that the Spotlight reg is still there. That is the only way you can navigate at night to detect mile markers and buoy's as well when entering way points for Dam locking etc ....

I don't know who you spoke with at the TWRA ... BUT the USCG is the authority on Inland Navigable waterways as well as the Corps of Eng. to maintain, dredge, set buoys etc ... The TWRA is not !!They are kind of the policing authority of our Tennessee Waters Safety, etc.. But it is kind of like comparing the local county sheriffs Dept to the FBI.. Go to any major commercial port and all you will see is the USCG...

The next time you talk to whomever at TWRA about this Subject have him call me ... I bet he doesn't have a USCG Capt. Lic... ...I do!! .........TK