Thread: Fishing line
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I've not had much issues with line on my spinning reels, but with my bait caster.. Its something else.

I do have a spool of 10# Flouro that I had forgotten about that I bought at the fishing expo this past Feb. The guys at the booth advised me that it would be good for crankbait. They sold me something else for jig and bottom fishing, I don't remember, but it was K9 brand. All I can say was after about 2 mos i could pull the line off the BC reel and it would lay on the ground in a tight curly pile.
I have trouble with flouro on my spinning reel I use for for weightless flukes, I guess with the fluke spinning it winds my line up and then every once in a while I'll cast and it and a big birds nest develops halfway up the rod

Never forget one day I strung up my spinning reel with Seagur yellow label I believe, bit the bullet and spent a fortune on it, get on the lake and first cast it unraveled into a huge unfixable mess, nearly threw my rod and reel in the lake , my buddy was dying laughing , was ready to throw him in the lake lol