Thread: All Slab!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
I didn't know the crappie got in there like that. Nice job.

Well....they don’t get in there like that.....that big. We got very lucky. After these fish were cleaned my nephew and I talked about it. I’m sure you read the part in my post about these fish being marked up....all of them had a rough spot on dorsal fin or somewhere. Crappie.....trout...or any fish I have cleaned out of the Caney have very tiny parasitic red worms in them. It is not a big deal....you just take the tip of your knife and flip them out....or when they hit that 360 degree grease they are not harming anyone...LOL. That happens in some bodies of water. I have caught a lot of black nose crappie up in the lake....I have never seen those worms in the crappie in the lake. None of these fish had a single worm in them. Our theory was they came washing in from the lake when spill gates were open and we think that is why they were all roughed up....tumbling down that dam. Now that may sound far fetched so I made a phone call to a TWRA guy I know. Not only is it possible it is highly probable.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk