View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Default Back again to check in

Alright I'm back again for an update. It has been a long last few weeks, and have not been on the water.
I stopped by a buddy's house a few weeks ago to see how he was doing. He had cancer and had his stomach removed several months ago, and I hadn't heard from him so I figured I'd go see him. He lives in the country 35-40 minutes from me and when I arrived his partner and sister were there, and met me outside. They told me he lost kidney function and that he had to do dialysis. He had a dialysis appointment that day due to his kidneys shutting down and the shuttle couldn't find his farm and his sister nor his partner could get him down the 2 flights of stairs at his home on his farm. If he didn't make it to dialysis then he would die within a day or so. They were devastated, so I volunteered to take and bring him home from dialysis.

This lasted for 3 weeks, 3 days a week. Fisbee Dan lost his battle with cancer last Monday night. I didn't know Dan well, but the last 3 weeks Sarah and I spent with him we learned a lot. He was solely responsible for many disc golf courses along the eastern United States, and held world records in several disc sports.