View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 AM

ive never had a problem paying launch fee's IF it is a good ramp & parking lot and somewhat secure. ive pitched and pitched re-instating the fee's to the people of Long Hunter. They all agree they wish the state would bring some kind of fee system back. either daily or yearly passes. Fix the parking lot, add a few more lights, tie-ups on the docks and some kind of durable dock bumpers. i would pay $50-$75 a year if a launch could give me those things. Hell, create some jobs, put in an automatic gate, pay a tenet to be there to check passes. thats how things were done up in MI on St. Clair at alot of the launches and we all know how busted broke that disaster of a state is. It can be done, our leaders just choose to take our cash and ignore the issues.
I guess im a little taken back by the quality, or lack there of, of the ramps in this state as a whole. there are some good ones, but others are just a disaster. Dont get me wrong, im glad to have the ramps in some of the places we have them, but good grief. when the water is low, you cant even launch below old hickory dam, the ramp just stops a few feet into the water and there are big rocks to either smash your boat on, or jack your trailer up on. The docks, when there are any have more broken concrete, broken cleats/or no cleats and enough sharp steel and exposed bolt heads to rip your boat to shreds.
if the ramp is good, the docks are horrible, or non existent. if the ramp is tore up, the docks are great but no parking.
im not a fan of launching a $25-30K boat and having to beach it on chunk rock cause there are no docks or even a somewhat clear shore spot.
Again, im not crying too loud, but geeze, where does all our money go that i would think should go to maintaining the ramps/docks and parking lots.
all these entities take sportsmans money for all these causes and efforts but where is our R.O.I?
Whew! rant over. LOL