View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
I am in the process of purchasing my 4th kayak this week up at HOOK1......it is about a 100 mile drive for me to get there but it is the place I go for all my kayak needs....they have the answers and will not put you in a kayak that they know is not right for you just to make a sell. There is no need for me to tell you about any of the past boats I have owned as they just may not be suited for you. The best info I can give staying as objective as I can is this.....comfort....comfort.....comfort......and you do get what you pay for. If you are not comfortable in it you won't use it. Buying the right kayak for your individual needs is extremely important and if the wrong decision is made buyers remorse will set in real quick. There is no single perfect kayak. I am sure some others will chime in here as well.
Regards
Alpha,
May I ask what model you're looking at right now?
I've been scouring reviews online and the WS Ride 115 and 135 are looking like either one would suit my needs pretty well.
Based on the reviews, the stability sounds amazing in these, although they seem to be a little on the heavy end as well.
I don't think the weight will bother me too much, but I like the idea of max stability assuming they handle reasonably well.
The reviews I'm reading say they aren't the fastest but track well and are almost impossible to tip.
I want to be able to stand up in it and maybe hop out for a swim once in a while as well, which the reviewers say is OK, particularly with the 135.

Also, I will be mounting a Lowrance SI unit on mine, any advice on the transducer location?
Are you using the hull or some sort of arm for yours?

Thx,
Rob

Also Shogun, I'm with you 100%, I love messing with boats almost as much as fishing