View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Master Trout Magnet

There are a lot of kayak fisherman on the forum....many of them some of the best in the country. I know you live in the Memphis area so HOOK1 would be a ways to travel for you. I used to live in West TN and if there is a kayak shop close to there I am not aware of it....and I am talking about a kayak shop...not just a place that sells kayaks. A visit to HOOK1 would be worth your while as you could demo many makes and models of kayaks and find what is right for you. Plus at HOOK1 they can answer any and all questions you have about kayaks....kayak fishing....kayak rigging. I am in the process of purchasing my 4th kayak this week up at HOOK1......it is about a 100 mile drive for me to get there but it is the place I go for all my kayak needs....they have the answers and will not put you in a kayak that they know is not right for you just to make a sell. There is no need for me to tell you about any of the past boats I have owned as they just may not be suited for you. The best info I can give staying as objective as I can is this.....comfort....comfort.....comfort......and you do get what you pay for. If you are not comfortable in it you won't use it. Buying the right kayak for your individual needs is extremely important and if the wrong decision is made buyers remorse will set in real quick. There is no single perfect kayak. I am sure some others will chime in here as well.

Regards

Last edited by Alphahawk; 11-23-2014 at 06:52 PM.