FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rain (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13004)

Flatline 02-06-2019 10:08 PM

Rain

I'm not sure where everyone lives, but its flooding pretty bad on Carthage Hwy from Lebanon to Flatrock.. Seen quite a few yard flooded up to their homes. My field looks like a pond and my dry creek sounds like a raging rapid and we're where done with the rain. I don't think fishing is going to much good for a little while.

Halli 02-06-2019 11:04 PM

Seen an Old Bearded guy loading up Animals!!!

It's heavy everywhere but this rain at the surface is 63 degs so it will warm the water up quick.

Of course Fri has a high of 38 deg hahaha

Maybe some Sauger guys can get out there and hit creek mouths.

TroutFiend 02-06-2019 11:42 PM

It is flat out soggy here in Watertown. Was starting to get a little better this past weekend and my boys got the dirt bikes out but still just surface dryness. I mainly trout fish and the Caney had been blown out for months now, but the creek wading has been great for bass. I believe I read where TVA stayed this has been the wettest winter ever recorded...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckystratos 02-07-2019 03:38 AM

Don’t know if I will make it out this weekend. If I were going it would be center hill or dale Hollow. Those lakes don’t mud up as bad as priest or hickory.

Flatline 02-07-2019 11:45 AM

Round 2 is on its way looking at the radar. I couldn't believe my ears when the news said it was going to get around 80* today. It may help with warming the waters, but it also makes for perfect conditions for tordando's too. That front has a nice red ridge and I'm willing to bet its going to get bigger as it warms up today .:eek:

XxthejuicexX 02-07-2019 04:23 PM

I'm supposed to pre fish Tims this Sunday, hope it's okay.

Flatline 02-07-2019 09:24 PM

I went down and inspected my creek bed and I've got major washout at one end of the property, lost about 3 feet of soil 6' high with about 100 sq yards of rocks wash over onto to my field. The other end I have a tree that appears to have washed down from upstream that got hung up sideways which caught a bunch of rocks and created a 4' high dam completely blocking the creek bed, again causing flooding and a debris field. I'm gonna have to get in there with a skid loader and a couple days of serious cleaning out. luckily I'll be able to use the rock to rebuild the washout. 6 yrs ago I had poured a crust of cement on the embankment to stop the washout... its all gone and some. If I don't stop the washout upstream, it will eventually washout all my big trees as its washing the dirt beyond the tree line. I figure its going to cost me about a grand to repair everything as it stands. I'm not sure how much more damage I'll sustain with the add rain we're supposed to get... :(

notorious 02-13-2019 06:35 PM

... Flatline I'm not quite as bad as you, however I have smashed the gravel in my driveway down into a mudhole in the low spot. Now spring will be quite expensive to repair it.

Flatline 02-20-2019 11:41 AM

Here we go again... My not so dry wash/creek is up to its banks about ready to flood. I already have a couple mini ponds in my field. :mad:

I wonder if my neighbor would think I lost it if I went out and practice with my bait caster..? I mean I have a river and a pond.. and water is water right ? :D

Texas_Rig 02-20-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 84983)
Here we go again... My not so dry wash/creek is up to its banks about ready to flood. I already have a couple mini ponds in my field. :mad:

I wonder if my neighbor would think I lost it if I went out and practice with my bait caster..? I mean I have a river and a pond.. and water is water right ? :D

Lol. Yea. Don't worry my neighbors have to think I'm crazy when I'm casting in my swimming pool. I like to check out the action of jerkbaits and jig trailers. I've been caught by the neighbors several times.

SalmonDaze 02-21-2019 07:22 AM

It can be pretty embarrassing when your neighbor catches you casting your baits.

Flatline 03-15-2019 07:40 AM

I'm not sure how many folks here has family out west, but I'm in Manning, IA (central NW corner of state) and these folks are getting it real bad with the flooding, mainly along the Missouri River. Yesterday they had a dam break and a major bridge wash away.

Dakota 03-15-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 85179)
I'm not sure how many folks here has family out west, but I'm in Manning, IA (central NW corner of state) and these folks are getting it real bad with the flooding, mainly along the Missouri River. Yesterday they had a dam break and a major bridge wash away.

I did see that. I grew up in NE South Dakota and seen a video of Yankton, SD being flooded. Sure hope no lives have been lost. Just hate to see those videos in any area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk