FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone care to go fishing next week ? (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13662)

Flatline 10-14-2020 02:36 PM

Anyone care to go fishing next week ?

I'm past 6 weeks since my bypass and doctors has given me the ok to go have some fun. I just can't do any heavy lifting. I haven't fished Priest this yr at all and was wondering if anyone would like to go with me as I don't want to go alone the first couple times until I know how I will be on the water. I have the boat if you have any knowledge on fishing the lake. I'm thinking a nice relaxing day, nothing extreme... I'd prefer to go either Monday, Wens or Friday ( I have therapy on Tues/ Thurs )

Anyone ?

Fish Whisperer 10-14-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 88220)
I'm past 6 weeks since my bypass and doctors has given me the ok to go have some fun. I just can't do any heavy lifting. I haven't fished Priest this yr at all and was wondering if anyone would like to go with me as I don't want to go alone the first couple times until I know how I will be on the water. I have the boat if you have any knowledge on fishing the lake. I'm thinking a nice relaxing day, nothing extreme... I'd prefer to go either Monday, Wens or Friday ( I have therapy on Tues/ Thurs )

Anyone ?

I would love to take you up on your offer but I’ll be working all week.. I hope someone takes you up on the generous offer. God speed.

Alan 54 10-14-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 88220)

Anyone ?

I wish I could take you up on the offer. But I'm busy as well. I might suggest a facebook group called Percy Priest bass anglers. I am sure there will be someone to go with you. A lot of really good guys on there. I hope you get out and get a line stretched.

Texas_Rig 10-16-2020 10:13 PM

I'm a last minute kind of guy but those are the days that I fish. I work nights and don't have set time that I get off. With that said if I get off at a decent time and you can go in the afternoon then I'm game. I've got a quite a bit of experience on the lower end

Heiny57 10-17-2020 06:55 AM

I have to work during the week but I hope someone can take up your offer.. I hope you get well soon.

Flatline 10-21-2020 08:11 PM

Well I ended up going to Fate Sanders, first time. Priest is dumping water big time. By the look of things, looks like they have dropped 3 feet already. It was a nice day, waters are 68-70*. Didn't catch anything as I was totally unfamiliar with this part of this lake... who am I kidding, Priest period.. I did get a couple bites and found a nice lime green crank bait and lost a ned rig. I knew I was going to lose it as soon as I threw it.... in a tree 30' UP the bluff. The kicker was it fell out of the tree and in the water after the line broke.. 20' closer and I would caught it as it would have fallen back into the boat... Now that would have been good for a laugh for sure.

agelesssone 10-22-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 88227)
Well I ended up going to Fate Sanders, first time. Priest is dumping water big time. By the look of things, looks like they have dropped 3 feet already. It was a nice day, waters are 68-70*. Didn't catch anything as I was totally unfamiliar with this part of this lake... who am I kidding, Priest period.. I did get a couple bites and found a nice lime green crank bait and lost a ned rig. I knew I was going to lose it as soon as I threw it.... in a tree 30' UP the bluff. The kicker was it fell out of the tree and in the water after the line broke.. 20' closer and I would caught it as it would have fallen back into the boat... Now that would have been good for a laugh for sure.

Actually, They just started lowering the lake a few days ago.
According to the TVA INFO web page, the lake is at 489.40 elevation which is about 7" down from summer pool, which is 490.

Flatline 10-22-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agelesssone (Post 88228)
Actually, They just started lowering the lake a few days ago.
According to the TVA INFO web page, the lake is at 489.40 elevation which is about 7" down from summer pool, which is 490.

Maybe so but I can recognize water line unless 7" can cover 3' of shore line... which is possible ;)