FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Reelfoot Lake (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13273)

skillet 11-02-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86758)
I need to go to Chicamauga for sure

Same here...I’ve never been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cphill 11-02-2019 05:29 PM

Crappie and bluegill fished last two years in may and it was some of the best bluegill fishing u will find...and I agree hard on a boat and lower unit..but if u have a aluminum baot and take your time u will be ok

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Schleprock 11-02-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86758)
I need to go to Chicamauga for sure

A buddy came down from Cincinnati and I met up with him this morning at Chick , was a pretty tough day, put in at Dayton 7am temp 28 degrees, , fog was thick, he was leary of running his boat through the fog so we fished richland creek for a few hours until it burned off, bluebird skies and a stiff wind followed the fog, less than ideal bass conditions , ended up with one fish each

Really want to see what you can do here TR , I just can't figure this lake out for some reason, best day I ever had was 6 fish and biggest a 4lb, otherwise had a bunch of 1 and 2 fish days, I hear of people having 40-50 fish days and routine 7-10 lbers

Schleprock 11-06-2019 07:01 PM

Texas Rig

Curious , did you go to Reelfoot?

Texas_Rig 11-07-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 86770)
A buddy came down from Cincinnati and I met up with him this morning at Chick , was a pretty tough day, put in at Dayton 7am temp 28 degrees, , fog was thick, he was leary of running his boat through the fog so we fished richland creek for a few hours until it burned off, bluebird skies and a stiff wind followed the fog, less than ideal bass conditions , ended up with one fish each

Really want to see what you can do here TR , I just can't figure this lake out for some reason, best day I ever had was 6 fish and biggest a 4lb, otherwise had a bunch of 1 and 2 fish days, I hear of people having 40-50 fish days and routine 7-10 lbers

Man that's a lot of pressure. Lol. I want to get down there. I have tons of days where I don't catch much. I just have a lot of days to fish in general and I can get on them every now and then. I try to fish a pattern more than trying to fish certain spots. When the fish are predictable and I recognize what the pattern is then I get excited. The thing that helps me most when I'm on a pattern is a good lake map and google earth. If I'm fishing submerged grass then I can look at a map and tell where it's gonna be and go to the next spot. If I'm fishing bushes or laydowns then I can look at google earth and find more of it. Those are just a couple of examples. I tend to struggle when I can't recognize a pattern because then I start fishing history and I suck when it comes to that. I watched the MLF Bass Pro Tour live feed this past spring and they wrecked them. Let's get together and go sometime between now and next spring. I've never been and I love new lakes because I don't have any history.

Texas_Rig 11-07-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 86814)
Curious , did you go to Reelfoot?

No I didn't go. I had a buddy back out on me at the last second and he was gonna drive because we were going one morning after I got off from working all night. I'm glad he did now because I was pretty confident that I could get around that place by going real slow but with all the replies about the dangers, I'm not taking my bass boat.

Schleprock 11-07-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86818)
Man that's a lot of pressure. Lol. I want to get down there. I have tons of days where I don't catch much. I just have a lot of days to fish in general and I can get on them every now and then. I try to fish a pattern more than trying to fish certain spots. When the fish are predictable and I recognize what the pattern is then I get excited. The thing that helps me most when I'm on a pattern is a good lake map and google earth. If I'm fishing submerged grass then I can look at a map and tell where it's gonna be and go to the next spot. If I'm fishing bushes or laydowns then I can look at google earth and find more of it. Those are just a couple of examples. I tend to struggle when I can't recognize a pattern because then I start fishing history and I suck when it comes to that. I watched the MLF Bass Pro Tour live feed this past spring and they wrecked them. Let's get together and go sometime between now and next spring. I've never been and I love new lakes because I don't have any history.

What are you doing Saturday?

Texas_Rig 11-07-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 86821)
What are you doing Saturday?

I have a charity poker tournament that I have to go to on Saturday

Schleprock 11-07-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_Rig (Post 86824)
I have a charity poker tournament that I have to go to on Saturday

probably a good thing, cold front moving in with high pressure and wind Saturday :(

Might rest my shoulder and spend the weekend with my wife lol