FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   looking for advice (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13003)

ALANRAYG2 02-06-2019 10:03 PM

looking for advice

I am going to update my trolling motor. I will be installing the Minn Kota Untrex. I currently have a hand control. The new one is a foot control. I would like to install the recessed tray for the foot control. I have a 1994 Bumble Bee 200 Pro Vee. What are the do's and don't from installing this? Are there any bracing issues I need to look for? Thanks in advance, Alan

luckystratos 02-09-2019 06:53 AM

I have not put in a recessed pedal. I would think you could reach under or look with mirror from the front control panel to check for any bracing. . I think you will be ok to cut.
The recessed pedal on my boat is 2” from front panel.

Good luck. I have always liked bumble bee boats. had a 178 as my 2nd boat.

ALANRAYG2 02-10-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckystratos (Post 84899)
I have not put in a recessed pedal. I would think you could reach under or look with mirror from the front control panel to check for any bracing. . I think you will be ok to cut.
The recessed pedal on my boat is 2” from front panel.

Good luck. I have always liked bumble bee boats. had a 178 as my 2nd boat.

Thanks, I check with Duck River Marine here in Columbia. They said I could cut thru any braces. I need to keep the recessed tray tight in the cut. Once I screw the tray in place it should be fine. I hope they are right....lol I wouldn't want to glass in some braces from the hull to the deck. I hope to finish up tomorrow.

luckystratos 02-10-2019 09:56 AM

You’ll be glad you recessed pedal. Take little getting use to.

ALANRAYG2 02-11-2019 11:25 PM

My neighbor said he can glass in some supports if needed. I think I have all angles covered now....tomorrow is "saw the deck day"...lol Hope to be on the water Saturday on Priest. Maybe Fate Sanders. Depends on the rain.

ALANRAYG2 02-12-2019 11:57 PM

today I taped my cell phone to a short slat. I figured out how the keep the light on while recording a video. I shoved the camera while recording a video under the deck for a look see as to how the thing was constructed. I got lucky !!! There are 2 stringers running from the front to back of the deck. The gap between them was perfect for the recessed tray. I didn't compromise the deck strength at all. I was hoping the be finished today but everything kept getting me away from the boat. So tomorrow I will finish, hopefully

SalmonDaze 02-27-2019 09:49 AM

Update?
Pictures?

https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...outpichers.jpg

:D

Buzzy15 03-05-2019 09:59 PM

Ya updates!

ALANRAYG2 03-08-2019 08:51 PM

Oh Crap , This evening while being bored, I deleted all the construction pics from my phone. I'll see if I can find some in cyber space and get them posted.

ALANRAYG2 03-20-2019 11:27 PM

installed the trolling motor

5 Attachment(s)
Sorry for taking so long to post the pictures. I have been really busy and had to retake the pictures. I did delete all the pics I had taken during the installation. I was concerned about cutting thru the stiffeners under the deck. I got lucky and was able to mount the recess box between the joist. I'll let the pictures explain....lol
My boat is a 1994 Bumble Bee 200 Pro Vee.

tkwalker 03-21-2019 10:35 AM

Yep !! <'TK><

Nice Job ..... TK;)

ALANRAYG2 03-23-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkwalker (Post 85213)
Nice Job ..... TK;)

Thanks TK, I guess I was stressed over nothing. I did burn up several jigsaw blades until I switched to a metal cutting blade.
I sealed the cut edge of the plywood with an epoxy resin to seal it up. I let that dry overnight. I filled all the screw holes with marine sealant before putting the screws in.